Pulled BBQ Mushroom Pasta
I searched and searched and search for a pasta I wouldn't feel ashamed of after eating. You know something light and filling that doesn't make you fall asleep 30 minutes after eating it. We've all been there, at work chowing down on our lunch and then 30 minutes later can barely keep our eyes open. That's why I pulled together some fiber and nutrient-rich ingredients to make one hell of a pasta great for any occasion!
The measurements for this pasta are flexible because the amount of each ingredient is really up to you. You like onions but can't stand bell peppers? Well, decrease the amount of bell peppers and add more onions. It's that simple.
- 3-4 cups 100% Organic Spelt Pasta
- Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- Red Bell Pepper (thinly sliced)
- Green Bell Pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup Chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup Pulled BBQ Mushrooms
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes (diced)
- 1-2 TBSP Olive OIl
- Fresh CIlantro
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- While the pasta is still warm add the remaining ingredients
- Drizzle with Olive Oil and toss well.
This dish is best served warm. To avoid using a microwave, warm a single serving of pasta in a skillet over low to medium heat and immediately place in a thermos to enjoy later.