Alkaline Vegan Blueberry Spelt Pancakes
I'm not a big fan of breakfast food. You know, pancakes, waffles, sausages... Yet for some reason, I had a strong desire to test out a new pancake recipe. Probably because my husband is a pancake fanatic and I'm always trying to get him to eat healthy homemade alternatives instead of store-bought, processed foods.
Welp, I am pleased to say this was my first time EVER making homemade pancakes and I nailed it. Yup, nailed it. Test out my recipe for yourself and let me know what you think.
- 2 cups Spelt Flour
- 1 cup Hemp Milk
- 1/2 cup Spring Water
- 2 tbsp. Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 cup Agave
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1/4 tsp. Irish Sea Moss
- 2 tbsp. Hemp Seeds
- Extra Grapeseed Oil to coat the skillet
- Mix the spelt flour, hemp seeds, sea moss, agave, and grapeseed oil together in a large bowl. Once well combined, mix in 1 cup of hemp milk and add spring water until you get the consistency you want.
- Fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Heat your skillet to medium heat and lightly coat it with grapeseed oil.
- Pour the batter into a skillet and let them cook for about 3-5 minutes on each side.
These reheat very well in the oven and last for about a week if you place them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.