Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Tis the season because I cannot seem to get enough chocolate. Chocolate candy, chocolate donuts, if it's got chocolate on it I want it! Thank goodness this recipe is so simple to follow. I was inhaling chocolate chip cookies in no time! My new favorite recipe hands down!
½ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup vegan butter, melted (one stick)
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, salt, and butter until a paste has formed with no lumps.
3. Whisk in the applesauce and vanilla.
4. Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips/chunks evenly, then chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
6. Scoop the dough with an ice-cream scoop onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, leaving at least 4 inches of space between cookies and 2 inches of space from the edges of the pan so that the cookies can spread evenly.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges have started to barely brown.
8. Cool completely, and enjoy!