Sweet Corn Pasta
This recipe has pretty much everything you look for in a pasta: sweet, spicy, savory tangy and creamy. It is 100% plant-based and gluten-free. Yes, it is really an all-in-one pasta. The red pepper flakes give it spice, the corn provides the sweetness and the almond milk gives it the right amount of creaminess. I have to admit, I was nervous about adding corn to the sauce but 👌🏾the results were stellar. #vegan #organic #glutenfree #recipe
For the sauce:
* 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
* 1 15 ounce can corn (no salt added, drained and rinsed)
* 1 cup almond milk
* 3 garlic cloves
* 1/4 cup fresh basil
* 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
* Himalayan sea salt and pepper, to taste
For the pasta:
* 1 box gluten free penne pasta
* 1/2 cup cremini mushrooms, diced
* 1/2 large white onion, diced
* 1/4 cup water
* 1 clove garlic, finely minced
* 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
* ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
* Salt and pepper to taste
Cook the pasta according to its packaging directions, then drain and set aside.
Lightly char the canned corn in a lightly greased skillet over medium heat. Let the corn cool.
Place all of the sauce ingredients into a high-speed blender and run until smooth. Adjust seasonings as desired.
In a medium skillet over medium heat, add in the water. Once heated through, add the onion, mushroom, garlic and balsamic vinegar. Sauté until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are cooked through.
To the same skillet, pour in the sweet corn sauce, cooked pasta and the remaining ingredients over low heat. Toss to coat the pasta and allow it to warm through, mixing occasionally. Adjust seasonings to taste.